Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Hunter's Rejoice!!


The day of goodness has finally came for us! Oh where oh where do I begin? I can't wait to finally be able to have a mortal struck target without having to have a warrior in the group. Also, I love the fact that now they're coming out with those 46dps arrows for Violet Eye rep. Considering the fact they've stuck us up until this point with the crappy 37dps Cenarion Expedition junk. But most of all I can't wait to start dispelling some Paladin BOP's among any and all buffs that players throw on one other.

Well we had a HUGE breakthrough in my 3v3 team this last week. Basically it's me and my best friend Elistana(Rogue) and his brother also a good friend of mine Kaynos(Resto Druid). We've always been hovering around the 1720's in rating but Elistana changed up things a bit and started using the armor penetration mixed w/ wound poisons and it allowed me to just ramp up the dps done on targets BIG time. Just that quick change alone allowed us to move up to 1917 in just one night! So now with us all getting buffed today and next week I'll be able to spend my 5k arena points and 35k honor I can't wait to see what lies in store for us in season 3.

Oh by the way, my 3v3 team we have an interesting strategy similar to what I do in 2v2 as well; that is basically just shadowmelding/pet prowl and the druid goes into stealthed cat form and the rogue also is stealthed and we just use that time to pick out targets and setup an attack plan. Occationally, we'll even have the other team come to our doorstep where we can then surprise the hell out of them...which is always fun and quite successful. I'm thinking for this new Aimed shot/mortal strike effect I'm going to hang back just a little bit longer and allow the rogue to engage our focus fired target and then come out and pop BW, rapid fire, abacus, then queue up a quick aimed shot, and pretty much lay waste to that target. I'm curious to see if any of you my fellow hunter's are going to have any new strategies with our new skills in this patch.

6 comments:

Glass Cannon Productions said...

I must say, that last 3v3 night we played went great. Yeah, normally, I'd be opposed to poisoning both weapons with the same thing, however Double wound poison truly made a difference, based on the fact that You are the primary damage dealer. (and a good one at that) The armor penetration was just a perk. :)

Shifttusk said...

the patch changes seemed great on my 3s. We didn't have a Ms/Wound before and the ability to really put more preasure out other than dps and burns was great. Imp stings doesnt seem to be a requriement anymore as when you MS someone their team needs to heal and thus eat your teams stings/burns.

The dispell was nice but not crazy I did nab a cluch Fel Dom off a SL lock giving us the win. The MS shot tho is a huge huge deal and makes us really good utility in a 2.5dps 3s team (disc priest) really accelerating the shut down of the other team.

used with a haste trinket (random DST procs) and rapid fire it was not bad at all to get off.

Daelimar said...

Awesome feedback Shifttusk! Yeah I've yet to test it out in arenas. We are going to do our arena night this coming Friday night so I definitely can't wait. I did notice that the new violet eye arrows are awesome they brought my ranged dps from 344 to 357! So that equals a happy hunter.

Shifttusk said...

Yep the new arrows were huge as well I noticed a big jump up from being kinda a 50/50 split between me and the warlock to me doing almost 30% more dmg than he was.

You'll have alot of fun playing with it. With the addition of the Aimed debuff you guys may be able to pull some cool stuff off dpsing one with wound poison up then wind up an aimed on another target have the rogue sprint over and drop someone perhaps out of LOS/range of a healer.

Ranged MS really opens up some fun stuff expecialy in BEM. We comepletely blew up this one warrior like that yesterday he pillared his own healer chasing our priest

Lock dots him, I wind up aimed multi arc auto SW:D and down he went.

Unknown said...

Been awhile since your last post.

Rusty said...

Been even longer since your last post....lol.

...and Colorado Springs!! Woot! I graduated from Sierra High!